Friday, November 9, 2012

X Factor!

     Being completely honest, I don't watch too much television, particularly the singing/dancing reality shows like American Idol, SYTYCD, Dancing W/ The Stars, The Voice, etc.  However, I will admit that I am an X Factor fan.  I feel like the show is something different, and the dynamic of it all is incredible.  I think the whole mentoring format is great, and the contestants this season are amazing.
     As of this writing, out of the thousands of people who auditioned, only 12 remain!  Of the 12, I have my favorite contestant, or seven.  There's the rihanna lookalike Paige Thomas, who is actually a really great performer.  The "Overs" category has Tate Stevens - the man with an amazing country singing voice - and Vino Alan - the soulful rocker.  Simon Cowell's three groups are all amazing.  Mostly likely to become the next 1D, Emblem3 is an entertaining group.  I find Lyric145 to be inventive and interesting - putting hip-hop into Mary Poppins' "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" was very creative, then there's Fifth Harmony.  Auditioning as soloist, these five girls were put together on the show, but you wouldn't be able to tell from their performances.  Finally, there's Carly Rose Sonenclar - the 13 year old with a big voice.  Will.I.Am and Britney Spears think she might be possessed?!  Her voice is incredible.  I know the real competition just started, but I think we have a winner here.  This week she smashed Bruno Mars' "It Will Rain," but I still think her original audition was the best.  Tell me, which performance do you like better?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for good music! I think genuine good singer have the power which make people have the shivers; I felt it also for her song. The most amazing point is that she can completely control her voice in spite of 13 years old. Although I think people are more impressed the first song, in fact, the 2nd song is more difficult to expression with holding her voice.

    ReplyDelete