Friday, November 2, 2012

About to POP!

Okay, I'll admit I'm absolutely stealing this idea from an article I read on Flipboard.  I guess with the whole Tsunami scare on Monday, Halloween on Wednesday, and the arrival of my new iPad later today (Hurry UPS!), I currently have a dearth of blog ideas.  The whole "About to POP" thing basically looks at a few recently released songs/artists and leaves it up to the public to vote on which one will become the next #1 hit.  But forget the voting, I'd rather everyone vote on the 6th! - I'm not going to say who, just vote.  It's your choice!  Anyways, today I'm sharing a few songs - suggested by friends - that I find to be interesting.  While some may not be everyone's cup of tea, I tried to throw a bit of everything in (Pop, Hip-hop, alternative/rock).

1. Two Hearts by Paper Route
Admittedly I'm not much of an alternative fan, but I found this song to edgy and likable (if you're in to this sort of thing.)

2. Can Anybody Hear Me by Nicki Minaj
Okay, so it's a little old.  But this particular song - off of Nicki's earlier mixtapes - really shows the rap queen's prowess, with its slick lyrics and hip beat.
3. Oath by Cher Lloyd Featuring Becky G.
When someone from my math class played this song for me, I immediately thought it was a little annoying and a bit girly for my tastes.  But her constant playback caused this addictive bubblegum hit to be stuck in my head for the past few hours.  At least it's relatable!  Everyone has a best friend...

4. Live While We're Young by One Direction
Apparently these guys are some huge international pop group from the U.K.  Cher Lloyd's fellow constants on the X Factor U.K., it's a no-brainer that these boys are able to churn out some pop hits too!  With their second album dropping soon,  I thought their debut single from the album was catchy and fun.  I have to give credit to Simon Cowell, the guy knows pop perfection.





2 comments:

  1. Lee,

    Thanks for introducing Paper Route. I like the tune and will check out the CD now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This aidea is really good! I listend all music you chose. Though All music was fantastic, I love #1 song,Two Hearts by Paper Route! I feel I will find myself humming this song because melody is catchy!

    ReplyDelete